You smile dozens of times every day. It’s the automatic response when you meet new people, greet a friend, or get the VIP treatment from the barista at your favorite coffee shop. Since you use your smile so often to interact with others, you want it to look good, right? Unfortunately, the ravages of everyday life may have dimmed down your grin, causing it to become yellow and dull. But there is a solution! Let’s talk about your options for professional teeth whitening in Cherry Hill.
Zoom! In-Office Whitening
If you want a brighter smile in practically the blink of an eye, we recommend that you use Zoom! in-office whitening. During this simple procedure, we’ll apply a special bleaching gel to your teeth (we’ll take steps to protect your gums and lips, of course). A special light activates the gel, penetrating your enamel to vanquish even deep-set stains that have been there for years. The entire process only takes about an hour and can make your smile up to eight shades brighter!
Zoom! is usually best for people who:
- Don’t struggle with tooth sensitivity
- Don’t mind hanging out in our office for an hour or so during the procedure
- Have stains from everyday habits like drinking coffee, wine, and tea
- Have a special event coming up and don’t have time to whiten their teeth via a more gradual method
- Maintain excellent oral hygiene habits — after all, we want you to be able to maintain your brighter smie!
- Don’t have any restorations, like tooth-colored fillings or bonding, on their front teeth. Zoom! won’t change their color, so whitening your teeth could mean that you have a multi-colored smile.
Take-Home Whitening Kits
Although Zoom! in-office treatment is perfectly safe for most patients, it can cause some temporary sensitivity. If you prefer a more gradual approach to teeth whitening, talk to your cosmetic dentist in Cherry Hill about a take-home whitening kit. You’ll use custom trays along with a professional strength bleaching gel every day for a couple of weeks. The final result can be just as dramatic as what you would achieve with an in-office procedure.
For the most part, the same people who are candidates for Zoom! are also candidates for take-home whitening, with a few exceptions:
- If your teeth are naturally a bit on the sensitive side, take-home whitening may be better for you.
- Take-home whitening is great for people who want the convenience of whitening on their own schedule and who aren’t in a hurry to see big results.
Take Advantage of Both
As much as you try to maintain your white smile, your teeth will naturally become discolored again over time. That’s why some patients choose to Zoom! whitening for their initial treatment and then use a take-home kit for when they need to touch up their radiant glow.
Professional whitening is a safe, effective way to obtain a smile that dazzles. If you would like to turn up the bright dial on your teeth, your dentist would be happy to help.
About the Dentist
Dr. Barry Polansky leads the team in our office. He enjoys helping patients achieve smiles that are both heathy and beautiful. If you have questions about professional teeth whitening, you can contact Dr. Polansky’s office at 856-795-1121.